AKA Kings Cup, AKA Circle of death, AKA Social, AKA F*ck You, etc. etc. etc.
The Kings Drinking Game is one of the classics for a very simple reason; people just wanna flip some cards and drink some beers. It’s very hard to set in stone what the rules of this game actually are. There’s a few that are generally agreed on but I’ve run into multiple people who have pulled out a crumpled stained piece of loose-leaf paper out of their pocket just to show me the “proper” rules to this game. So in advance I’m sorry if i’m stepping on any toes with my rule set.
How To Play Kings Drinking Game
Players take turns flipping cards from a standard deck of cards and performing the action on the card. That’s it. Have fun!
- Ace: “Waterfall“. The player who drew this then proceeds to drink as much of his drink as he wants. The next player clockwise then has to start drinking his/her own drink until the player before him/her puts their drink down. This continues clockwise until the last player puts their drink down.
- Two: “Two is for you”. Assign one drink to another player.
- Three: “Three is for me”. Take one drink.
- Four:”Touch the floor”. Last player to touch the floor after this card was drawn takes 1 drink.
- Five: “Five’s for the guy”. All guys playing take 1 drink.
- Six: “Six is for the chicks”. All girls playing take 1 drink.
- Seven: “Seven to heaven”. Last player to raise their hand drinks.
- Eight: “Never have I ever”. The Player that flipped this card states something they have never done. Everyone who has done that must take 1 drink.
- Nine: “Bust a rhyme“. The player that flipped this card chooses a word and then players take turns in a clockwise order rhyming with that word. First player to take too long to think of a word or repeats a word has to drink.
- Ten: “Story time”. The player who drew this card says 3 words to start a story. Then in turn going clockwise the next player must repeat every word of the story and then add a word of their own at the end. The player that doesn’t say the right words has to drink.
- Jack: “Categories“. The player who drew this cards names a category. Then in turn going clockwise each player must name something that fits within that category. The player who fails to do so has to drink.
- Queen: “Questions”. Whoever drew this card must ask someone a question. Then the person who was asked that question must respond with a question and direct it at another player. First player to fail to ask a question or who accidentally directs a question at the same player that asked them a question drinks.
- King: “Make a rule”. Make a rule. Anyone who breaks the rule drinks. This rule lasts until another player draws a King.
Variants: I could write a thesis on the amount of variants of this game but i’ll just tackle some of the basic ones.
- King’s cup: This variant involves putting a central cup in the center of the table. Now instead of creating a rule, whoever draws a king pours some of their drink into the central cup. Whoever draws the 4th king drinks the cup and the game is done.
- Circle of death: This variant also uses a central cup but this time it’s filled with beer before the game starts. Whenever a player draws a card he must place it on top of the cup in the middle with at least 2 corners hanging off. If a player knocks any cards off the cup he has to drink the whole cup and the game is over.
Overall this game is always a blast. It’s become a staple at many house parties and it’s a great way to introduce new people to each other and have some laughs.