The Kings Cup drinking game is a card game for any number of players (although we suggest at least 3). In this game players flip cards and perform actions. As players draw the four kings they pour their drinks into a cup, and the final player to draw one must chug it.
This drinking game is popular and very simple for anyone to play. All cards are placed face down and players take turns flipping each card and doing the action associated with that card via these simple kings cup rules. When a player draws a king they pour some of their drink into a central mug and the player who draws the fourth and final king must drink that cup and the game is done.
Kings Cup Rules
- Ace: Create a rule, anyone who disobeys the rule must take a drink.
- Two: “Two is for you”. Assign one drink to another player.
- Three: “Three is for me”. Take one drink.
- Four:”Touch the floor”. Last player to touch the floor after this card was drawn takes 1 drink.
- Five: “Five’s for the guy”. All guys playing take 1 drink.
- Six: “Six is for the chicks”. All girls playing take 1 drink.
- Seven: “Seven to heaven”. Last player to raise their hand drinks.
- Eight: “Never have I ever”. The Player that flipped this card states something they have never done. Everyone who has done that must take 1 drink.
- Nine: “Bust a rhyme“. The player that flipped this card chooses a word and then players take turns in a clockwise order rhyming with that word. First player to take too long to think of a word or repeats a word has to drink.
- Ten: “Story time”. The player who drew this card says 3 words to start a story. Then in turn going clockwise the next player must repeat every word of the story and then add a word of their own at the end. The player that doesn’t say the right words has to drink.
- Jack: “Categories”. The player who drew this cards names a category. Then in turn going clockwise each player must name something that fits within that category. The player who fails to do so has to drink.
- Queen: “Waterfall“. The player who drew this then proceeds to drink as much of his drink as he wants. The next player clockwise then has to start drinking his/her own drink until the player before him/her puts their drink down. This continues clockwise until the last player puts their drink down.
- King: “King’s cup”. The player who drew this card pours some of his drink into the central cup. The player who draws the fourth and final king must drink everything in the central cup. Other players toast and the game is over
If you don’t like some of the rules on these cards, here’s a few other rules you could use to swap out the ones you don’t like.
- Questions: Choose a player in the room to ask a question, they must reply with a question to another player. Continue until someone doesn’t use a question or repeats one that was already said, they drink.
- Screw You: This one’s a counting game. Whoever draws the card says the number “One.”. Then the next player clockwise says two, and so on. The catch is whenever a player is supposed to say a number that contains a 7, or is divisible by 7 they must say “Screw You” instead. First to mess up drinks.
- Thumb Card: Whoever draws this is the thumb master. At any point they can put their thumb on the table, the last player to put their thumb on the table after that drinks.
- Mate: Choose another player at the table. Whenever either of you is forced to drink, so is the other one.
- Snake Eyes: Everyone close their eyes. Then each player points at another player while their eyes are still closed. At the count of three each player opens their eyes. If two players are both pointing at each other they both drink.
Similar Drinking Games
Everyone seems to have a different idea of what the best kings cup drinking game rules should be so feel free to experiment and swap out rules that you don’t like.