This Star Wars: The Phantom Menace drinking game is for the very first episode in the star wars saga. (the fourth movie released). After a long haitus after the 6th episode the very first episode was finally released.
This origin film was met with less-than-stellar reviews. Mostly do to some cheesy dialogue and and not-so-lovable side kick character named Jar Jar Binks. It chronicles the origins of Anakin Skywalker and his journey to become a master of the force.
What You’ll Need To Play
For this drinking game you’ll need the first episode of the starwars franchise and some drinks. If you’re one of the many people who decided against buying the prequels, they are currently streaming on Disney+.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Drinking Game Rules
Take A Sip Of Your Drink Whenever…
- Jar Jar or any other Gungan says “messa” or “youssa” (like you needed another reason to dread the scenes where he has dialogue)
- A lightsaber is extended or retracted
- Anyone mentions “negotiation”
- Qui-Gon attempts Jedi mind tricks
- Anyone’s speech is represented with subtitles
- Queen Amidala shows up in a new outfit
- Anyone refers to Anakin as “Ani”
- Someone mentions Podracing, or a podracer starts up
Take A Big Chug Of Your Drink Whenever Any Of These Corny Lines Come Up…
- “You were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
- “There’s always a bigger fish” – Qui-Gon Gin
- “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
- “Now this is podracing!” – Anakin Skywalker
- “My lord. Is that legal?” – Nute Gunray
Take A Shot Or Finish Your Drink Whenever…
- A scene begins in the senate room.
More Star Wars Drinking Games
The Original Trilogy
This Star Wars: The Phantom Menace drinking game is the perfect way to rewatch the first film while keeping a steady buzz. Although this can be a pretty heavy one, just because JarJar says “mesa” or “yousa” over 50 times in the film. However, like with any drinking game, you should always be mindful of your limits and please drink responsibly.