These drinking rules are for the original Star Wars move; Star Wars: A New Hope. Whether you’re trying to relive the nostalgia or trying to figure out what the hype is all about this drinking game will make sure you have a great time doing so.
This film is the one that birthed a multi million dollar franchise. It follows Luke Skywalker as his story slowly unfolds from a lowly farmer to a prodigal hope for the entire galaxy. After a few drinks you’ll hardly even notice some of the dated special effects or awkwardly delivered lines.
What You’ll Need To Play This Game
The original movie and some drinks. The movie is currently available to stream on Disney Plus. Then just follow these simple drinking rules.
If you want to really get into the spirit of this game check out this great list of Star Wars Themed cocktails!
Star Wars: A New Hope Drinking Game Rules
Take a sip of your drink whenever…
- Vadar force-chokes someone
- C3PO complains about something
- A starship gets shot down
- Any of the following words are used: “Droid”, “Rebel” or “Senate”.
- A lightsaber is turned on or off
- Anyone says the line “May the force be with you”
- The hologram of Princess Leia begins to play or repeats
- A storm trooper gets shot
- Han Solo says something clearly sarcastic
- Anyone successfully uses the force
- Anyone says “Luke”
- The Millenium Falcon enters warp speed
Finish Your Drink When…
- Ol Ben dies
- The Death Star destroys a planet
- The Death Star itself is destroyed
More Star Wars Drinking Games
The Original Trilogy
As far as drinking games go, this one is pretty heavy. Some of these rules are bound to come up a lot so feel free to cut some out if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Please drink responsibly. The Star Wars: A New Hope drinking game is meant to be played in moderation.