Looking to calm your nerves before a night of scary movies? This Stephen King drinking game has you covered. This drinking game works with as many players as you can fit on your couch, so grab a seat and some beverages and follow along.
Stephen King is an iconic horror writer with a massive collection of books. Many of which have since been adapted into movies by various directors. Given his fascination with certain topics and themes, it’s easy to incorporate some drinking rules.
What You’ll Need To Play
For this game all you’ll need is a classic Stephen King horror movie and a healthy supply of beverages. Some favorites include The Shining, The Myst, Carrie, The Shawshank Redemption and many many more. The just follow these drinking rules and have a sip whenever any of them come up.
Or if you’re more of a solo-drinker, this game also works while reading any of King’s books or short stories.
Stephen King Drinking Game Rules
Take a Sip Whenever…
- A child exhibits psychic powers of some sort
- A narrator starts talking
- Maine is mentioned or seen
- There’s a flashback scene
- A charater is being over-the-top religious
- An animal dies or is injured
- An alcoholic character takes a drink of something alcoholic
Take a Big Gulp Whenever…
- An important character dies
- One of the main characters is a writer or an English teacher
- You notice a reference to another Stephen King work
- Chug for as long as suspenseful music is playing in the background
- Finish your drink if King makes a cameo in the film
This Stephen King drinking game is a great way to re-watch or re-read some classic works while enjoying a few drinks. However, like with any drinking game, always make sure to keep it in moderation and never drink and drive.