Dice BlackJack is a drinking game involving a 20 sided die and a six sided die. It plays similar to black jack in that the goal is to reach 21 without going over, and also trying to get a higher score than the dealer.
What You’ll Need
For this game you’ll need one twenty sided die and one six sided die. Then drinks for every player.
If you don’t happen to have a 20 sided die handy this game can also be played with just a few extra 6 sided dice, where the non-dealers just roll 3 times at once.
Dice BlackJack Rules
- Players it in a circle around a table and a dealer is chosen. The dealer gets to use the 6 sided die while every one else must use the 20 sided die.
- First everyone rolls to find out their starting number. If players have trouble remembering they might want to write it down on a scrap of paper.
- The goal of the game is to reach closest to 21 without going over, and also getting closer than the dealer.
- Dealer starts the game. He can either “hit” by rolling his 6 sided die again and adding it to the total, or “stay” and keep his number. He can do this as much as he wants until he feels he’s close enough to 21 to stay.
- If the dealer busts the game ends immediately and the dealer must drink 1 sip for every player playing.
- Play then goes clockwise, left of the dealer. Players play the same way as the dealer except they must use the 20 sided die instead of the the 6 sided die.
- If a player busts, they drink twice. If they end up with less than the dealer they drink once.
- At the end of each round, the player closest to 21 without busting becomes the new dealer. The dealer must also drink for every player that beat him.
Our Dice Blackjack drinking game is a fun new twist on BlackJack. It’s not a ton of drinking either so players can play for a while. If you like blackjack and would rather be playing with cards check out our BlackoutJack drinking game!