These handy drinking rules are for the classic Christmas tale “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It’s an older film about the virtues of being a good person, and how any life lived honestly, it a life worth living. It’s a redemption tale that pairs perfectly with a few drinks to bring out that holiday cheer.
It’s a Wonderful Life follows George Bailey and his constant struggle to stay afloat against the tyrannical business dealings of Mr. Potter. It’s a slow descent into helplessness as George tries to stay honest, where only the kindness of those he’s helped can save him in the end. This It’s a Wonderful Life drinking game adds fun drinking rules like drinking every time someone says George Bailey’s name.
What You’ll Need to Play
All you’ll need is a copy of this 1946 christmas classic and some drinks. This game works with any number of players.
It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) Drinking Game Rules
- Take a sip whenever someone insults, or is insulted by Mr Potter
- Take two sips whenever you see an inexplicable animal like a bird or squirrel indoors
- Drink once whenever anyone makes a wish
- Drink whenever anyone mentions God
- Take 4 drinks whenever the wood piece comes off of the staircase railing
- Drink when the movie cuts back to the stars
- Take a sip for every character that jumps into the water
- Chug for as long as characters on screen are singing (this could get a little intense at the very end)
- If somehow these drinking rules aren’t enough, try drinking whenever anyone says George or Bailey. (This happens about every 10 seconds throughout the film.)
These It’s a Wonderful Life drinking game rules are a great way to relive this classic film. However always make sure to drink within your limits, and don’t drive while intoxicated.