The Avalanche Drinking Game is a simple dice game that only requires a single die. In this game players hope and pray they aren’t the one that has to drink the central cup. As play progresses players will either pass the die, add to the cup or drink the cup. Depending on what they rolled.
How To Play The Avalanche Drinking Game
A die and a few cups.
First a player puts some drink in the central cup. After that players take turns rolling the die and doing the indicated action associated with that roll.
Each player rolls the die, highest roll goes first. If a player starts their turn with an empty glass they must add more drink into it. On their turn players roll and perform one of the following actions depending what they rolled.
- 1 – Pass the die to the next player on the left.
- 2 – Double the amount of drink in the glass or fill it. Whichever is less.
- 3 – Drink the glass. Pass the die to the left.
- 4 – Last player to touch the floor must drink the glass.
- 5 – Roll again. If it’s another 5 choose a player to drink the glass. Otherwise do the required action for the roll.
- 6 – Pass the die to the next player on the left
Once any player has had to drink the glass 3 times, they are out of the game. If a player doesn’t finish his glass by the time the die makes it back to him, he is out. The winner of the game is the last player standing when everyone else has gone out.
The Avalanche Drinking Game is great for parties or casual get togethers. It can cause some really tense moments when someone has to chug a full cup of mixed drinks before the die makes it’s way around.