This game has players drinking to the deck mashing card game, Smash Up. So for those of us who enjoy having a few beers during our board game nights, this is a great way to keep things interesting. This Smash Up! drinking game revolves around players taking drinks for not participating enough in busting bases and generally making mistakes.
What You’ll Need
All you need for this game is a copy of Smash Up along with any expansions you choose to play with. And of course some drinks of choice.
Smash Up Drinking Game Rules
The idea of this game is to get players drinking for losing the game. Basically kicking someone while they’re down.
- Whenever a base is destroyed, drink for your position on that base unless you’re first place. For example if you have third most power on that base, you would drink three times.
In addition to this, drink once every time
- One of your minions is destroyed (Not by a base being overwhelmed)
- Someone takes control of one of your minions
- You are forced to discard a card
- You gain a Madness card (Cthulhu expansion only)
Also at the end of the game you must drink according to the chart
- 15 or more VPs – No Drinks. Congratulations, you get to be sober!
- 13 to 15 VPs – Drink once. Close enough.
- 10 to 13 VPs – Drink 2 times. Not too good.
- 6 to 10 VPs – Drink 5 times. Wow you suck.
- Less than 6 VPs – Finish your drink. Maybe learn to play Smash Up! while you’re at it.
The Smash Up drinking game is a great way to combine social drinking and social board gaming. We usually play this game using randomized factions, which helps offset the advantage players get if they know which the factions are better than others. As always please remember to drink responsibly. If you’re looking for more drinking games to board games we suggest taking a look at our Betrayal at House on the Hill drinking game!