Peuchre as you may have guessed is a drinking version of the classic card game Euchre. If you don’t know how to play Euchre you can check out the rules here. But it’s probably best if someone at the table knows the rules already to help explain it. This game is typically played with 2 teams of 2 players each. Our drinking rules will have players drinking for messing up or falling behind.
If you wanted to extend the game to allow for some more players there’s also some six player variants available.
What You’ll Need
A deck of cards set up for euchre and some drinks
Setting it Up
First you’ll need to remove some cards from the deck. Typically this game uses a 24 card deck which consists of only the 9s, 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings. Each player is then dealt 5 cards. Team mates need to make sure they are sitting across the table from each other.
Peuchre Drinking Game Rules
Basically all you need to do here is play a standard game of euchre and then drink any time any of these drinking rules come up.
- Whenever you lose points take a drink for every point lost.
- If you “Get Euchred” Drink 3 times and then again for the lost points. This is when your team fails to call partnership to win three tricks.
- If you turn a bower the other team drinks.
- If someone overtrumps when they didn’t need to their whole team drinks twice.
- Losing team must finish their whole drinks.
When a team needs to drink they can decide who will be doing the drinking.
The name of this game isn’t just a clever pun, it’ll get ya pretty drunk. So make sure if you plan on playing this game that you pace yourself as best you can and please drink responsibly.