The Overwatch Drinking game has players drinking to Blizzard’s smash hit Overwatch. This objective based team shooter has players working together to try and outscore the opposing team in various game modes. With a constantly balancing and updating cast of characters it manages to stay pretty fresh.
This drinking game focuses on the non competitive online game modes, because playing drinking games during the competitive modes is a sure-fire way to get heckled. For best results jump into a quick-play game.
Overwatch for any platform, and drinks.
Jump in a game of quick play and pass the controller to the first player who’s going to play. From here you just play the game as normal and follow these simple drinking rules.
Players take turns on one controller, switching off every life. They get to give drinks based on tasks accomplished depending on their role. They must also take drinks for failures.
Overwatch Drinking Game Rules:
Players take turns on one controller, switching off each life. Every time a new player starts a life they can pick whichever character they want, trying to choose what would best benefit the team. As they are playing they can make other players drink or be forced to drink themselves based on their accomplishments.
- If your team captures a point or reaches a checkpoint with the payload every other player must take a drink.
- If the enemy team captures a point or reaches a checkpoint with the payload you must take a drink.
- If you get a kill, every other player must take a drink.
- If you die, you must take a drink.
- Drink an additional 1 if you died without securing a single kill during your turn.
- Drink an additional 1 if you were killed by the same character you’re playing as.
- Drink an additional 1 if you died without having accomplished anything pertaining to the objective. (stepping in the zone on capture points, preventing payload movements, etc, this is generally up to the discretion of the other players.)
- Drink an additional 1 if you get killed by Hanzo.
- Drink an additional 1 if you were killed by falling off the stage.
- If you’re playing while the mission is failed and you team loses, you must finish the rest of your drink.
The Overwatch Drinking game is a great way to enjoy this team shooter. The reason we suggest quickplay or any of the more casual modes is because there is a lot of people who take this game pretty seriously who might get offended that you aren’t playing optimally. Either way make sure you drink responsibly and don’t overdo it.