The great people of Florida are known of making light of bad situations. Which is how the Hurricane Drinking Game came to be. Essentially it’s just a way to pass the time while you hunker down and wait for the storm to cool down. What happens is you crack open a beer with all your new forced roommates and drink any time any of these drinking rules come up. The game was made for Florida hurricanes but feel free to use it to add some much needed levity to any storm.
What You’ll Need to Play
For this game all you’ll need is a case or two of drinks and a TV or Radio to broadcast the local news. This game only really works during a powerful storm when you’re down in your safe place. If power’s out don’t worry about it the game will still work just fine.
The Great Floridian Drinking Game Rules
Take a Sip of Your Tasty Beverage Whenever…
- Lightning flashes. Chug until you hear the Thunder afterwards.
- Anyone says the words “Storm” or “Flood”. Including if it’s mentioned on T.V.
- Someone calls you to make sure you’re Okay. Take a big chug if it’s not the first time they called.
- You get some kind of push notification on your phone warning you about the storm that you’re obviously already aware of.
- Anyone says the name of the Hurricane like Hurricane Irma or Hurricane Andrew.
- Someone mentions some record that the new hurricane is breaking.
Take a Massive Swig Whenever
- A newscaster falls over trying to do his segment in the storm.
- Water enters the house.
- You remember something that you forgot to tie down or take inside and start imagining your life without that thing.
The Great Floridian Hurricane drinking game is a great way to pass the time while waiting to mother nature to cut you some slack. With any luck you’ll pass out and wake up to some nice weather. As always please remember to drink responsibly.