This game is a little different than your typical card game. The Eyes Down Eyes Up drinking game is sort of a cross between Eye Contact and Kings Cup. The way it works is that at the start of each round a dealer counts to 3 while everyone has their eyes closed. At the end of the count everyone looks up and stares at someone. Then a card is flipped that determines what will happen such as everyone drinking who is making eye contact with another person. This game works with anywhere from 4 to 12 players.
What You’ll Need
For this game all you’re going to need is a deck of cards, some drinks and an extra cup. This game plays best around a table or somewhere where every player can see each other clearly.
Eyed Down Eyes Up Drinking Game Rules
First the deck is shuffled and placed face down in the center of the table. A dealer is chosen to do the counting each match.
Once ready everyone closes their eyes. The dealer then counts down from 3. Once they reach zero everyone opens their eyes and picks someone to stare at. Make sure to take note if any two players are making eye contact with each other.
Next a card is flipped and then everyone does what it says.
- Ace – Everyone Waterfall.
- 2 – Everyone who made eye contact with another person drinks twice.
- 3 – Everyone who made eye contact with another person drinks three times.
- 4 – Last player to touch the floor drinks.
- 5 – Nothing.
- 6 – Everyone pours some of their drink into a cup then whoever made eye contact must split it and drink it.
- 7 – Last player to raise both hands takes a drink.
- 8 – Everyone who made eye contact joins together to do a waterfall.
- 9 – Everyone passes their drink to the left, takes a sip of their new drink then passes it back.
- 10 – Everyone passes their drink to the right, takes a sip of their new drink then passes it back.
- Jack – Whoever made eye contact must finish their drink.
- Queen – Whoever made eye contact can choose someone else to finish their drink.
- King – Everyone who made eye contact races to chug their drinks. Whoever finishes first gets to pick someone else to drink whatever the other players want to put in the cup.
Play until all the cards are flipped or you’re too drunk to continue. The Eyes Down Eyes Up drinking game is unique and really fun. It’s best played in large groups. However it might end up with a lot of drinking for unlucky players so please remember to pace yourself and drink responsibly.