This Oscars drinking game works with any given year of the Academy Awards. Every year these shows draw major audiences and have become a stable of the american film industry. Generally these award shows contain 24 categories but this has been known to grow and shrink. So we came up with an easy Academy Awards drinking game to help make it that much more exciting when you’re favorite actor gets snubbed.
What you’ll need for the Oscars drinking game.
To start each player should grab a piece of paper and write down at least one actor who they think will win an Oscar. Try to keep this secret until you need it. After that everyone just needs to get their drinks ready and tune into the awards.
Academy Awards Drinking Game Rules
Drinking Rules for the Acceptance Speeches
- Whenever someone thanks god, take a drink.
- Whenever someone thanks their mother, take a drink.
- Whenever someone mentions another actor by name, take a drink.
- Someone makes a topical joke, take a drink.
- Anyone cries or tears up, take a drink.
- Whenever someone brings up a major societal issue, drink 3 times.
- Whenever someone mentions the current president (even indirectly), take 3 drinks.
- If anyone runs out of time during their speech drink 3 times.
- If anyone refuses the award, finish your drink.
Guessing the Outcomes
- For every category when the nominees are mentioned each player picks who they think will win. If they are wrong they drink.
- At the end of the game if the actor your wrote down at the start leaves empty handed, take a shot!
This game is a great way to add a bit of drunken excitement to the over the top pageantry always found at the Oscars. Overall it should be a decent amount of drinking since everyone loves to thank god and their mothers so get those drinks ready for the Academy Awards drinking game!