This drinking game was made for the 2018 Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. With a ceremony like this that’s so steeped in traditions and typical media circle-jerking the drinking rules pretty much write themselves. So just grab a glass of fine English ale and follow along with the 2018 Royal Wedding Drinking Game!
What You’ll Need
All you need for this game is some drinks and a broadcast of the Royal Wedding. Which shouldn’t be hard to find.
2018 Royal Wedding Drinking Game Rules
Take a Sip Whenever
- Meghan is compared to someone else
- Someone in the crowd is mentioned by name
- Anyone talks about how many people there are
- Anytime someone mentions how much something costs. (Drink again if it’s more than your annual salary).
- Prince George is pouting
- Harry’s promiscuous past is brought up
- Drink again if he’s referred to as a “bad-boy”
- There’s a close-up of an celebrity who is in no way related to the royal family
Take a Huge Chug or Take a Shot Whenever
- Someone is removed from the venue, like a crying baby. (Lookin’ at you George)
- Princess Diana is brought up or there is a moment of silence for her.
Keep chugging as long as there’s applause
To make things a tad more stereotypically British all players need to drink with their pinkies up. If anyone is caught drinking without their pinky up they have to take an extra drink.
This 2018 Royal Wedding drinking game is all in good fun, but please remember to drink responsibly. Over consumption of alcohol can very quickly become a major health risk so take a break if you need one. If you’re looking for more great drinking games for TV shows or general events check out our drinking game archive!