The second installment of the Super Mario franchise is one of the oddest ones. That’s mostly because it’s a re-skin of an entirely different game because the original Super Mario 2, now called “lost levels”, was deemed too hard for Americans. Regardless of how it came to be, Super Mario 2 is a great game which calls for a great drinking game.
Our Super Mario Bros. 2 drinking game mostly revolves around getting players to drink when getting hit and depending on what they pull from the tall grass. Which will make players think twice if pulling vegetables from the grass is really worth it.
What You’ll Need
You’ll need a copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. Then each player should get a drink or two ready to begin the game.
Super Mario Bros. 2 Drinking Game Rules
Players should pass the controller to the next player after each death OR level completion. Don’t be a controller hog!
- If you get hit, drink once.
- If you miss out on getting the 5 cherries, drink once.
- If you die, drink three times.
- If you die to Birdo drink 5 times. Common, Birdo is a chump.
Every time you pull tall grass, you need to drink based on what you pull.
- Small Vegetable (Sprouts) – No drinks
- Regular Sized Vegetable – Drink once
- Giant Vegetable – Drink 3 times
- Coin – Drink once
- Heart – Drink once
- Potion – Drink twice (Don’t worry you can hurry and do the potion task before taking these sips)
- Mushroom – Drink twice
- Shell – Drink 4 times
This Super Mario Bros. 2 drinking game is a great way to re-experience this classic. If you’re into more traditional Mario games we also created a Super Mario World drinking game that’s worth checking out. If you’re looking for something more interactive between players we also created our own Super Mario Drinking Board Game. As always please remember to drink responsibly and take a break if you need one.