This Poker Drinking Game takes the classic 5 card draw poker and adds some interesting drinking rules. Why gamble with money when you can gamble with your liver?
This drinking game substitutes some classic gambling rules for drinking rules, making it play out a little differently than traditional poker games.
What You’ll Need
What you’ll need for this game is a standard 52 deck of cards (Jokers removed) and some drinks.
How To Play this Poker Drinking Game
- To start a dealer is chosen who shuffles the cards and deals 5 cards to each player.
- The goal of the game is to finish with the best poker hand.
- After the cards are dealt play begins with the player to the left of the dealer then goes clockwise.
- On their turn a player can discard any number of cards and then draw that many again from the face down deck. They must drink for each card they do this with.
- If a player ever doesn’t want to swap cards they can “hold” or “pass”. This means they must keep this hand for the rest of the game and can do no more swapping.
- This continues until the deck is out of cards or each player “passes”.
- Then one by one players flip their hands. Whoever got the absolute worse hand must get down on one knee and chug a full drink.
- Then every player except the winner must drink 3 times.
Optional Rules: If these rules don’t have enough depth for you consider adding in these optional game rules.
Bogey Cards: With this optional rule any “2” cards are locked in. Which means they can not be traded for new cards ever and screw over players who end up with them.
Wild Cards: With this rule players decide on which card they want to be wild. These can be used as any card in the deck. However if anyone draws one they have to reveal it and take a drink so other players know what they’re up against.
Overall our poker drinking game is a great way to down a few drinks and play everyone’s favorite card game in the mean time. It often becomes a pretty stubborn war of drawing cards to avoid getting that dreaded last place. As always though please remember to drink responsibly and take a break if you need one.