The Matchbox Drinking Game is a skillful game that requires a matchbox (preferably empty) to play. Players simply take turns trying to flip a matchbox until it lands on it’s end. Drinking for every failure. This game works with any amount of players.
What You’ll Need
An empty match box and some drinks.
Matchbox Drinking Game Rules
Players sit around a table at take turns in a clockwise order. The object of the game is to throw up the matchbox and have it land on it’s end or side, hopefully not on the flat side. If they get it on the end or side they add some drinks to the pot, and if they land it on the large flat side they drink whatever was in the pot.
When a player throws up the match box one of three things can happen.
- Lands on the end – Add 2 seconds of drinking to the pot.
- Lands on the side – Add 1 second of drinking to the pot.
- Lands on the large flat side – Drink for a number of seconds equal to whatever was in the pot.
- If the player flips the match box without it doing a full flip, they drink for 2 seconds and try again.
- If the player flips the match box off the table they drink for 3 seconds, and try again.
- If the player flips the match box and some matches fall out they drink for 2 seconds, and try again.
Players can get multiple penalties in the same turn, for example the box falling off the table, without doing a full flip and losing some matches results in a 7 second drinking penalty.
The matchbox drinking game doesn’t really end at any point in time so just keep playing until you’re good at bored. As with any drinking game though make sure to pace yourself and not overdo it.