Our Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix drinking game follows the fifth movie in this magical series. After the last movie lord Voldemort has been resurrected and things are about to get pretty real. This movie is a real turning point in the series where things start to get a bit darker and more serious.
A new year, a new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, and a new challenge ahead. The new teacher Delores Umbridge seems to be obsessed with order and ruling with an iron fist. So Harry, sensing the worst, decides to personally take on the role of teacher and teach students in secret all he knows about the use of magic. This one has a lot of repeated scenes so it makes for a great drinking game.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and drinks
As always, players will be drinking for mentions of Harry Potter’s name as well as all the many scenes of decrees being put on the wall or mentions of death. Plus players will finish their drinks for every time someone winks at Harry Potter. Yes this does in fact happen multiple times.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Drinking Game Rules
Drink one whenever
- Everytime someone mentions Voldemort.
- Harry potter snaps and gets angry.
- Someone says Harry’s name.
- Drink twice if it’s his full name.
- Anyone mentions death, murder or dead people.
- Whenever there’s a new decree is pinned on the wall.
- Someone says Expelliarmis.
- Someone gets their mind invaded.
- Someone is attacked with something other than magic.
- Delores fires or threatens to fire someone.
Finish your drink whenever
- Someone winks at Harry.
By our count there is 3 separate instances of winking at Harry so that will be at least 3 drinks finished throughout this movie. Plus there’s an abundance of decrees pinned on the wall and uses of the Expelliarmis spells so those drinks shouldn’t be getting too warm. Overall the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix drinking game follows a great pace and really makes this movie fly by.