For those who have never played it Egyptian Rat Screw is a card game that plays out like a combination of War and Snap. Players take turns flipping over the top card of their deck until someone gets a face card, which then gives the next player a couple turns to try and save themselves. Otherwise the other player gets to keep the deck. Much like in war players aim to get as much of the deck as possible and get others to lose all their cards.
The Egyptian Rat Screw drinking game adds in some fun drinking rules to raise the stakes. Basically just tacks on a few drinking rules to keep things moving. This game works with any number of players but works best with anywhere from 3-6.
What You’ll Need
A shuffled deck of cards without jokers and some drinks.
Egyptian Rat Screw Drinking Game Rules
Shuffle the deck and deal the cards face down as evenly as possible to each player.
The dealer starts off the game by flipping their top card into the middle. Then players take turns in a clockwise order doing the same. Certain cards have effects so pay attention to what you flip. The object of the game is to get all the cards and make your opponents lose all of theirs.
- Jacks: The next player gets 1 flip to try and get a facecard, otherwise the player who flipped the last face card gets to keep the pile.
- Queens: The next player gets 2 flips to try and get a facecard, otherwise the player who flipped the last face card gets to keep the pile.
- King: The next player gets 3 flips to try and get a facecard, otherwise the player who flipped the last face card gets to keep the pile.
- Ace: The next player gets 4 flip to try and get a facecard, otherwise the player who flipped the last face card gets to keep the pile.
- Doubles: If at any time two of the same numbered card are played in succession then all players (even those who have run out of cards) race to slap the top of the pile. Whoever slaps first gets to keep all those cards.
- 7s: Whenever someone gets a seven the next player must guess if their flip will be higher or lower. If they’re wrong they drink the difference between the 7 and their flip.
- 2s and 4s: The next player drinks twice. If they also flip a 2 or 4 then the next player after them drinks twice for each 2 or 4 in the chain. This goes until someone fails to get a 2 or 4.
- 10s: Thumb card. Whenever a 10 is flipped last player to put their thumb on their forehead drinks.
- Jack Of Clubs: When this is drawn the next player gets 1 shot to get a facecard (as normal). If they fail they must pound back their whole drink. If they succeed then the person who flipped the jack of clubs finishes their drink.
Our Egyptian Rat Screw drinking game is a great way to take this classic card game and add some drinking. Although be careful if lady luck isn’t on your side this could lead to a lot of drinking so please drink responsibly.