As the 2018 Stanley Cup Final quickly approaches we decided it would be a good idea to make a drinking game for the occasion. This year puts up two teams who have never taken home the cup; the Washington Capitals and the Las Vegas Golden Knights. Let’s be honest, none of us saw this coming.
Either Ovechkin can finally add this to his trophy cupboard or a team that was just created can run away with the whole thing. Only time will tell. Our 2018 Stanley Cup Drinking Game will have you drinking depending which side you’re cheering for.
What You’ll Need
For this game all you’re going to need is to sit down to any game of the 7 game series in the Stanley Cup Final. Then each player grabs a drink and gets ready to drink for whenever their team messes up.
2018 Stanley Cup Final Drinking Game
First before you play this game you have to declare which team you’re rooting for.
- If your team gets a penalty take a drink for every minute of the penalty.
- If they manage to kill that penalty then the other players must drink that much as well.
- If Ovechkin scores then Vegas fans finish their drink
- If Marc-Andre Fleury makes a ridiculous diving save then Washington fans have to finish their drink.
- If a fight breaks out everyone must chug for the duration of the fight
- Whenever a player scores, fans of the opposing team drink for 5 seconds.
- If Wilson gets a penalty Washington fans drink for 5 seconds.
- If the game opens in Vegas with a ludicrous opening ceremony, Washtinton fans drink for 5 seconds.
- If there’s an interview with Ovechkin about how much he wants a cup, Vegas fans drink for 5 seconds.
- At the start of every game take a sip for every game the opposing team has won during the series.
The 2018 Stanley Cup Final drinking game is all in good fun but please remember when playing drinking games to drink responsibly and not overdo it.